Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, a new book

My first entry of 2010, and the first entry since I turned 31, which was yesterday. I’m starting to get old. Okay, I'm not that old, but I do find myself starting to think about aging more now than ever. Fortunately I'm as mature as a fifteen year old, so life continues at a good pace.

I went to the library today, and was hoping to pick up Animal Farm. However, it had been checked out, so I walked the stacks of the local library, until I spotted a book I was sure was on the list. The first one I came across was Light in August by William Faulkner. I don’t really know anything about this book either, which I guess I might as well not mention, as that will be the case with most of the books on this list. I recognize the name William Faulkner, but I don’t know anything about him, nor could I name any of his books. I do know that he has two books on the list, the other one being The Sound and the Fury.

Anyway, I’ve checked this book out as well as The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird; both books I have read. My plan is to read Light in August and then one of the other books. I had only previously read six of the novels on this list, and I don’t want to go into re-runs too soon. So, I’ll read one of these two when I’m finished Light in August to kind of get me a head a little bit, which is necessary after Naked Lunch took so long to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment