Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I will (not) watch to-night;

I cam across the movie version of Catch-22 today while I was flipping channels. Let me re-phrase that, I came across the movie Catch-22 today, when I was flipping channels instead of doing what I should have been doing; reading. Although I'd heard of the movie, I've never actually seen it. I believe this means that Catch-22 fits into the "I've heard of the movie but didn't know it was a book as well" category from this list. Along with A Clockwork Orange and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Fortunately I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't realize A Clockwork Orange was a novel before it was a movie.

I didn't watch Catch-22, but I have PVR'd it for later viewing. I've actually PVR'd (perhaps the newest verb I've ever used) a couple of movies from the list, to watch them after I've read the books, including All the King's Men, Deliverance, To Kill a Mockingbird and Gone with the Wind. I always like seeing a movie version after reading a book, to see how others have interpreted the same story.

No comments:

Post a Comment