Monday, June 21, 2010

His recognizances, his fines, his double vouchers,

I hit the library yesterday and picked up what will end up being numbers 14 and 15 on The List.  First off is The Power and the Glory  by Graham Greene.  (The British author, not the Canadian actor).  It was written in 1939, which meets my requirements of reading an older book (after my last two were from this decade), but I don't know anything else about it.  It looks pretty short, so maybe I'll be able to finish it in a couple of days, which would be amazing considering it took me a month to read some of these books, and I could finish four books in June alone.

The other book I picked up was To the Lighthouse  by Virginia Woolf, also an 'older' book, having been published in 1927.  Again, I don't know anything about it, other than I've heard of the movie "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf", starring Elizabeth Taylor.

As an aside, I did return Atonement a couple of days late, making it the second book I've incurred fines on.  However, it was only seventy cents, bringing my total to $3.85.

No comments:

Post a Comment