Saturday, July 24, 2010

To hold my very course...

It's been a while since I last posted, but I have a good reason.  The Calgary Stampede took place last week, and anybody from Calgary can attest to the fact it's hard to get anything done during those ten days.  My progress on the list has been put on hold and I haven't read a word since July 7th.

I am halfway through To The Lighthouse however, so it isn't as if I haven't made any progress since June, it's just that there hasn't been much.  So far, I'm finding this book to be a little on the dull side, and again I fear I am missing something.  There has to be more to this novel that what I've read so far.  Doesn't there?  Time to continue reading I guess.  I might have to go back a few pages, as I've forgotten some of what I've read.

As an aside, but related to the author, I found out the movie "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" has nothing to do with the author, and her only connection is having her name in the title.  I was always under the impression that Elizabeth Taylor played the author, but this isn't the case.  I have PVR'd the movie, so perhaps I can watch it, knowing it doesn't have anything to do with the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment