Friday, May 27, 2011

Doth with a twofold vigour lift me up

Here in Canada, last weekend was a long weekend; Victoria Day.  Originally it was meant to celebrate the birth of a foreign monarch who reigned over 100 years ago.  But in practice, it means going away for the weekend, usually involves drinking beer, and for me it includes a few rounds of golf.

Well, everything went off without a hitch, but suffice to say, I didn't get any reading in.  I had every good intention to get some reading done over the weekend, but there just always seemed to be something else to do.  My copy of Gone with the Wind did accompany me, but sadly it never even left my suitcase.

The good side to taking five days off from reading, especially when it's reading such a lengthy book, is that I've returned with a renewed vigor.  Since Wednesday, I've manged a couple hundred pages and am now almost certain to finish this weekend. 

The novel continues to be a fantastic read that I rarely want to put down (except to rest my arms).  So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment