Monday, November 28, 2011

Trust not my reading nor my observations,

Just as I readied myself to dip into my 49th book, The Sot-Weed Factor, I was presented with an opportunity to again work with WordFest, Calgary's literary festival.  On December 6th, I'll be hosting an evening with recent Governor General's Award-winner Patrick deWitt and his novel, The Sisters BrothersPatrick will be reading from his novel, followed by a discussion of the book and the Western genre with Chad Oakes, producer of AMC's newest show 'Hell on Wheels.'

Obviously this is great chance to be able to sit down with one of the hottest authors around, and talk about writing.  Of course it also means I have to read the book, which I started this weekend.  So far so good, but it has delayed my progress, yet again, on The List.  Every time I think I'm going to be catching up to my desired four-year pace, something seems to pop up.  But I'm not complaining, and of course this is a great reason for interrupting my project.

The event will take place in the John Dutton Theatre at the Calgary Central Library, on Tuesday, December 6th, at 19:00.  Tickets are $10, and available at the Epcor Centre Box Office, or on-line right here.  For more information, you can also visit WordFest's website; www.wordfest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment