Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'll prove a busy actor in their play.

It's been a busy few weeks for me, which is the main reason I haven't posted anything.  Most of the busy, neh, all of the busy is because I am again blogging for WordFest this October.  Well actually, I suppose I will be blogging leading up to the event as well.  But long story short, I've had to divert a lot of my attention to my duties with WordFest.

    
To begin, I've now been presented with a lengthy list of books to read.  Of course with over 70 authors coming, I'm unable to read even a quarter of them, but I would like to get a few of them in, as it always adds to an event when I've read the book being presented.  What this means is that I'll have less time to devote to my list reading.  In addition, I need to prepare and write a series of blog leading up to the event.  This includes author interviews, a look behind the scenes, and perhaps a couple of reviews.


But WordFest still affords some time for The List.  Last year, Lev Grossman, author of this list I've been devoting so much time to, was in attendance at WordFest.  This year, I am happy to report there are two connections to The List.  First off is Richard Ford, author of my 37th read The Sportswriter, who will be talking about his latest book Canada.  Ford will actually be presenting at a pre-WordFest event later this month, and I would love to be able to read his book before then.  Everybody I've talked to who has read it, raves about it.  The second author, who will actually be this year's "Distinguished Author", is Martin Amis, presenting his newest novel, Lionel Asbo: State of England.  Amis was the author of my 55th read, Money.  I was able to read Lionel Asbo last week, a quick read, and enjoyable for the most part, but a book that falls well short of his list entry.


Concerning my list read, which is currently One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I am still reading and actually nearly finished.  It's a great book, but one that I've been forced to go a little slower than I'd like, to allow more time for some WordFest books.  Hopefully I can get a review up this weekend, and start on #61, which is yet to be determined.


You can follow my WordFest blog right here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment