Thursday, February 7, 2013

In debating which was best, we shall part with neither.

For those of you who have been on the edge of your seat, wondering what book I decided to start reading next, wonder no longer. Debating between moving to William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury or finishing The Lord of the Rings, I've gone with the latter.

I have now read one hundred pages of the third book, or at least just shy of that, and the end is in sight. And I have a rather lengthy plane ride this morning, so I might really be able to make some good progress.  Perhaps I'll even be finished by the end of the weekend. Unlikely, sure, but it's possible.

I am happy to report that The Lord of the Rings continues to get better, and I'm not really finding it much of a burden anymore. However, I do regret that it's taken me so long to read. I almost feel as if my project to read these one hundred books has been put on hold and cannot continue until I finally finish this one (which I suppose it has and can't).

I've also realized that I'll really have to make some tracks when I do finally finish, as I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment