Monday, September 2, 2013

Will bring this labour to an happy end.

I have finished The French Lieutenant's Woman. And it was a great book in so many ways. In fact is was great in so many ways, that I'm having trouble putting them all down on paper. It was unique, that is for sure, and it was well written (as most of these 100 seem to be), but most importantly it had a really...enjoyable quality to it.

But alas, I need more time to put all my thoughts into something cohesive, and today is Labor Day. This means two things for me: I will not be doing any laboring, and I will be watching football. It's currently 26C and climbing out...a perfect day for reading, but an even better day for tailgating and watching the Stampeders destroy the Eskimos. I'll try and get my review of #67 up in a few days.

I've already decided what I'll be reading next too; Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov. Lolita was one of my favorite so far, so I head into this one with lofty expectations, and great anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment